

Tuesday, 17 August 2010 11:50
Racing on Korea's new Formula One circuit is scheduled to begin at the end of September after event organisers said they had been forced to reschedule due to construction delays "caused by bad weather".
The Asian Festival of Speed, featuring Asian GT and
junior single seaters, was originally set to take place at the South Jeolla venue at the end of August.
"This delay has caused many rumours about whether the event will ever take place," said Motorsport Asia's chief executive David Sonenscher. "I have personally visited the site several times and I feel very sorry for them that despite all their hard work, they missed the deadline by only a couple of weeks. I can assure you that it was not through lack of effort or commitment."
The 5.62 kilometre circuit will open officially on September 5 with the inaugural Korean Grand Prix set to take place on October 24. ESPNF1
Latest F1 News
- Formula 1 to make US return at new Austin track in 2012
- F1's Hamilton charged over Australian car stunt
- Ferrari unveils the F10
- Japanese Grand Prix facts and stats
- Who do you want to be champion? (Poll)
- Dominant Vettel keeps title hopes alive
- Bell backs Alonso to succeed at Ferrari
- Practice 2: Sutil tops near-washout
- Practice 1: Kovy pips Nakajima in rain
- Fisichella pleased to show pace in wet
Under Construction
AllF1.net is currently under construction. Please check back for new features and upto date Formula 1 news.